Are you worried about the grammar part of AHSEC class 12 English paper? Don’t worry i am here to help you.
Here I have arranged AHSEC Class 12 English Grammar- Voice (2000-2020) with answers in one place.
If you wish to score good marks in English, you should strengthen the grammar portion.
In AHSEC Class 12 English, preposition comes for 5 marks which is very easy to score. With a little bit of practice, you surely score 5 out of 5.below given exercises on preposition will give you a good idea of what kind of prepositions’ questions are asked in the exam.
Preposition HS 2nd year- 2020
- The ship is sailing _______ the shore.
2. Cut the rope _______ a knife.
3. I am taller than you _______ two inches.
4. There was a bridge _______ the river.
5. We depend _______ you.
6. He begged ____ help from me.
7. I do not believe _______ his honesty.
Preposition HS 2nd year-2019
- What is the time _____your watch now?
2. The students of this college have free access _____ the Principal.
3. You should take proper care _____ your books.
4. A sage has no desire _____ material wealth.
5. India is rich _____ minerals.
6. He is very particular _____ his health.
7. I did that without any malice _____ you.
Preposition HS 2nd year-2018
- He is fond _____ playing cards.
2. She was annoyed _____ missing the bus.
3. Who is responsible _____ breaking this mirror?
4. We tried to dissuade her _____ marrying an old man.
5. They are thinking _____ moving to another house.
Preposition HS 2nd year-2017
- I met him ____ the road.
2. I congratulate you ____ your success.
3. John was annoyed ____ his mother.
4. We are not interested ____ your story.
5. The work should be finished ____ next Friday.
6. He was frightened ____ the noise.
Preposition HS 2nd year-2016
- The train arrived ……………………. the platform a minute ago.
2. The children were looking forward …………………. Their visit to Kaziranga.
3. I have to finish this report ………………… tonight.
4. The girl standing ……………………. The two boys is their sister.
5. Douglas jumped …………………. The swimming pool.
6. The office is closed ……………………. Second and fourth Saturdays.
Preposition HS 2nd year-2015
- I have heard a lot about you ____ your class teacher.
2. His father is a principal ____ a school in Jorhat.
3. Please sit down ____ a minute.
4. Tom is addicted ____ gambling.
5. Don’t be afraid ____ telling the truth.
6. Sheila is proud ____ her beauty.
Preposition HS 2nd year-2014
- The train arrived ____ the station a minute ago.
2. My birthday is ____ 24 August.
3. The office is closed ____ the second and fourth Saturdays.
4. Our school is ____ Chandmari.
5. We have been staying ____ a hotel near the bus stop.
6. The girl standing ____ the two boys is their sister.
Preposition HS 2nd year-2013
- We informed the police ____ the theft in the house.
2. The children were looking forward ____ their visit to Shillong.
3. I spoke to her ____ the office.
4. Did you enjoy yourself ____ the party last night?
5. The girl standing ____ the two boys is their sister.
6. Flour is made ____ wheat.
Preposition HS 2nd year-2012
Not asked in Exam
Preposition HS 2nd year-2011
- My teacher is pleased ___ me.
2. The picture is hung __ the wall.
3. We should abstain ___ smoking.
4. The train is bound __ Kolkata.
5. He was debarred ___ appearing at the examination.
6. I never hanker ___ money.
7. He died __ the accident.
Preposition HS 2nd year-2010
- This book belongs ___ me.
2. Do not wink __ your son’s fault.
3. The teacher was astonished ___ Radha’s conduct.
4. I know him ___ name.
5. Smriti did the work __ his absence.
6. I met him __ my way to the market.
7. Your application is ___ consideration.
8. Do not boast ___ wealth.
Preposition HS 2nd year-2009
- He was annoyed ____Rita’s conduct.
2. You can confide ___ me.
3. He is guilty ___ theft.
4. The ship is bound ___ England.
5. She prefers tea ____ coffee.
6. He was brought ____ by his aunt.
7. The little girl is pleased ____ her dress.
8. You can rely ____ me.
Preposition HS 2nd year-2008
- He spoke ___ me in English.
2. Butter is made ___ milk.
3. A true friend will always stand _____ you in difficult times.
4. He has a great fondness ____ children.
5. The doctor advised him to abstain ____ smoking.
6. I visited Shillong ____ the summer holidays.
7. The pen is often compared ____ a sword.
8. My uncle deals ____ groceries.
Preposition HS 2nd year-2007
- My father sent me the parcel ___ post.
2. Where do you come ___?
3. I paid him ___ cash.
4. A modest man does not boast ___ his achievement.
5. I started ____ school very late this morning.
6. The sick woman has no one to look ____ her.
7. I shall do it ______ pleasure.
8. I congratulate you ____your success.
Preposition HS 2nd year-2006
- She cannot part ____ her mother.
2. He regarded it as a slur ____ his social standing.
3. Butter is made ____ milk.
4. Do not blind ___ your son’s faults.
5. He is averse ____ hard work.
6. The arrested man was acquitted ___the charge of murder.
7. I am confident ____ success.
8. He takes pride ____ his wealth.
Preposition HS 2nd year-2005
- I congratulate you ___ your success.
2. John has no taste ___ music.
3. I am astonished ____ your conduct.
4. My father was born ____ August 15, 1947.
5. The ship is bound ____ England.
6. She prefers tea ____ coffee.
7. The master frowned ____ the servant.
Preposition HS 2nd year-2004
- It always gets cool here ___ the evening.
2. The family are all gathering again ___ Christmas.
3. I wonder if you could get it done ___tomorrow.
4. He has been living in his new house ____ last week.
5. The train ___ Delhi leaves in a few minutes.
6. Why does she prefer to sit ___ the back of the class?
7. Kings used to lead their armies _____the enemy in person.
Preposition HS 2nd year-2003
- I will meet you there ___ six o’clock sharp.
2. The applications must be handed in ____ December 31st.
3. Cuckoos can be seen ____ the spring.
4. Soldiers ___ their battle dress look very smart.
5. He is a bad rider. He is always falling ___ his bicycle.
6. He still comes to see me ___ time to time.
7. It has been the same old story every ____ he was a little boy.
Preposition HS 2nd year-2002
- He is ___ work now.
2. You must suffer ___ your misdeeds.
3. She writes ____her left hand.
4. We should rely ____our own efforts.
5. He has no money ___ him.
6. Jatin is sorry ___ what he has done.
7. He said this ___ oath.
Preposition HS 2nd year-2001
- He is on the way to Delhi.
2. The food is not ____ my taste.
3. She is playing _____ a violin.
4. I am confident ___ success.
5. The little girl was pleased ____ her new dress.
6. The examination is ___ hand.
Preposition HS 2nd year-2000
- He will come here ____ a week.
2. I was speaking ____ a friend.
3. We were not interested ____ your story.
4. The police ran ___ the thief.
5. We shall be back ____ 4 o’clock.
6. I am angry ___ your conduct.
Prepositions’ Additional Questions
Below is the list of the additional prepositions with answers which you should practice. All these questions have been picked from the Model Question Bank of AHSEC Class 12. All these questions are very important for the exam.
1. The train arrived ………… the platform a minute ago.
2. We informed the police ……….. the theft in the house.
3. The industrialist who had bought this mansion left the property ……… Charge of watchman.
4. The children were looked ……..by their grand grandmother.
5. We refer to this dictionary ……… the pronunciation of the words.
6. The government called for a report ……… the car accident.
7. The president of the managing committee presided ……..the meeting.
8. I have to finish this report……….tonight.
9. Where are you doing………your vacation?
10. Please sit down…….a few minutes.
11. He will arrive………..a few minutes.
12. I spoke to Mr. Das………..the office.
13. I have heard a lot about you………..your class teacher.
14. His father is a principal………….a school in Jorhat.
15. We arrived in Mumbai………..the 10th of this month.
16. Our school is………Zoo Road.
17. The play ground is located………..the back of the school.
18. The fan is………my head.
19. The girl standing………..the two boys is their sister.
20. Please call me……….9.00 and 10.00 AM.
21. My birthday is……….26th July.
22. I have been waiting here………morning.
23. It is notified here that the school reopens………..the Puja Holiday in 25 October.
24. You must look to your right and left before going …………the road.
25. Douglas jumped………..the swimming pool.
26. The baby fall……..the bed.
27. You can reach the railway station………….Chandmari either by bus or auto.
28. We have been staying……….a hotel near the railway station.
29. The office is closed…………Second and fourth Saturdays.
30. Did you enjoy yourself………..the party last night?
you may also like:
AHSEC CLASS 12 (HS) : English Grammar
- Tense from 2000-2020
- Preposition from 2000-2020
- Voice 2000-2020
- Narration 2000-2020
- Transformation of sentences
My name is Santosh Kumar Sah. I am a CA-Finalist as well as a faculty at Dynamic Tutorials and Services. I reside in Tinsukia (ASSAM). I have more than 5 years of experience in teaching. I have written “Alternative English Guide Book for Class 12 -AHSEC” And ” English Guide Book For Class 12-AHSEC”.I love writing that is why i created this blog to help students by providing notes.