AHSEC Class 12 (HS 2ND Year) Alternative English Grammar-Preposition (Past 14 years) has been shared with you with answers. In Alternative English, the weightage of the grammar portion is 35 marks. The weightage of tense is 5 marks
If you are looking for Preposition Exercises with Answers, you will find this helpful.
Table of Contents
Preposition HS 2nd year- 2020
- I credit him _______ good sense.
Ans:- I credit him for good sense.
2. There cannot be any compromise _______ this issue.
Ans:- There cannot be any compromise in this issue.
3. I am anxious _______ the result.
Ans:- I am anxious about the result.
4. Be true _______ your word.
Ans:- Be true to your word.
5. Richa prevented him _______ going.
Ans:- Richa prevented him From going.
6. You may rely _______ my word.
Ans:- You may rely on my word.
7. He is senior _______me in service.
Ans:- He is senior to me in service.
8. We wondered _______ his ignorance.
Ans:- We wondered at his ignorance.
Preposition HS 2nd year- 2019
- His is senior _______ me in respect of age.
2. The cat ran _______ the mouse.
3. The proposal is _______ consideration.
4. I am disappointed _______ you.
5. Please don’t interrupt me _______ I am speaking.
6. Rini has recovered _______ her illness.
7. We saw a wounded tiger while passing _______ the forest.
8. In many countries people drive _______ the left.
Preposition HS 2nd year- 2018
- His flight is ___10.30 a.m.
Ans:-His flight is at 10.30 a.m.
2. The cow jumped ____ the moon.
Ans:-The cow jumped over the moon.
3. The cat licked the cream _____the plate in minutes.
Ans:-The cat licked the cream on the plate in minutes.
4. The boy stood _____the burning deck.
Ans:-The boy stood on the burning deck.
5. The moon is walking slowly ______the night sky.
Ans:-The moon is walking slowly through the night sky.
6. He seems to have a finger ____every pie.
Ans:-He seems to have a finger in every pie.
7. I have kept your phone ____the drawer.
Ans:-I have kept your phone in the drawer.
8. You must never jump ____a running bus.
Ans:-You must never jump from a running bus.
Preposition HS 2nd year- 2017
- A bird ____hand is worth two in the bush.
Ans:-A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.
2. Seeing the lion, the leopard ran ____the tree.
Ans:-Seeing the lion, the leopard ran upto the tree.
3. The rangers drove the rhino ____the enclosure.
Ans:-The rangers drove the rhino towards the enclosure.
4. I have left you watch ____the drawer.
Ans:-I have left you watch in the drawer.
5. Who stole the cookie_____the cookie jar?
Ans:-Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?
6. He dived _____the swimming pool..
Ans:-He dived into the swimming pool.
7. I had just a few coins left _____my pocket.
Ans:-I had just a few coins left in my pocket.
8. The grocer’s shop is just two blocks ______the road.
Ans:-The grocer’s shop is just two blocks on the road.
Preposition HS 2nd year- 2016
- The cat has licked the cream ____the jug.
Ans:-The cat has licked the cream off the jug.
2. My house is ____the side of the post office.
Ans:-My house is by the side of the post office.
3. The bird ____that tree is a painted stork.
Ans:-The bird in that tree is a painted sto
4. The dog dived _____the bed at the sound of the Diwali crackers.
Ans:-The dog dived under the bed at the sound of the Diwali crackers.
5. Aditya dived from the spring board ______the pool.
Ans:-Aditya dived from the spring board into the pool.
6. You must never hop ______a moving train.
Ans:-You must never hop on a moving train.
7. All the time, while dad fussed around, the pen was ______his pocket.
Ans:-All the time, while dad fussed around, the pen was in his pocket.
8. The children laughed in glee to see the monkeys______their cage.
Ans:-The children laughed in glee to see the monkeys in their cage.
Preposition HS 2nd year- 2015
- He could not come____account of illness.
Ans:-He could not come on account of illness.
2. In spite ______hard work he failed in his examination.
Ans:-In spite of hard work he failed in his examination.
3. The boat goes ____the river.
Ans:-The boat goes on the river.
4. He promised me a ride _____a motorcycle.
Ans:-He promised me a ride on a motorcycle.
5. Zubin had to sing many of his popular songs ____demand.
Ans:-Zubin had to sing many of his popular songs on demand.
6. We love to go ______walk in the evening.
Ans:-We love to go for walk in the evening.
7. I would like to pay the amount _____cheque.
Ans:-I would like to pay the amount by cheque.
8. Many people died _____Ebola in Nigeria.
Ans:-Many people died of Ebola in Nigeria.
Preposition HS 2nd year- 2014
- He is ___his way to college.
Ans:-He is on his way to college.
2. He comes______a good family.
Ans:-He comes from a good family.
3. Your application is ______consideration.
Ans:-Your application is under consideration.
4. All the trains are running _____time.
Ans:-All the trains are running in time.
5. You must have respect ______your elders.
Ans:-You must have respect for your elders.
6. He shouted _____a loud voice.
Ans:-He shouted in a loud voice.
7. This building was destroyed ________an earthquake.
Ans:-This building was destroyed by an earthquake.
8. The examination is ____hand.
Ans:-The examination is at hand.
Preposition HS 2nd year- 2013
- It rained continuously _____twenty four hours.
Ans:-It rained continuously for twenty four hours.
2. You must be home ______ten O’ clock.
Ans:-You must be home at ten O’ clock.
3. My grandparents will come______Sunday.
Ans:-My grandparents will come on Sunday.
4. There is no sugar ____the pot.
Ans:-There is no sugar in the pot.
5. He spoke _____me in English.
Ans:-He spoke to me in English.
6. He trembled____anger.
Ans:-He trembled with anger.
7. We usually have breakfast ____eight O’ clock.
Ans:-We usually have breakfast at eight O’ clock.
8. It is not good to boast ______wealth.
Ans:-It is not good to boast of wealth.
Preposition HS 2nd year- 2012
- He was charged _____theft.
Ans:-He was charged with theft.
2. The child dies ______hunger.
Ans:-The child dies from hunger.
3. I differ_____you at this point.
Ans:-I differ to you at this point.
4. I am going to Delhi _____air.
Ans:-I am going to Delhi by air.
5. He is playing _____my patience.
Ans:-He is playing with my patience.
6. He prides himself _____his wealth.
Ans:-He prides himself of his wealth.
7. Why should you object _____my doing the work?
Ans:-Why should you object to my doing the work?
8. He stood _____the window.
Ans:-He stood by the window.
Preposition HS 2nd year- 2011
- The table is made _____wood.
Ans:-The table is made from wood.
2. He is prohibited _______entering the hall.
Ans:-He is prohibited from entering the hall.
3. The teacher asked them to respond ____their roll-calls.
Ans:-The teacher asked them to respond to their roll-calls.
4. The congratulated him _____his success.
Ans:-The congratulated him on his success.
5. She prefers tea _____coffee.
Ans:-She prefers tea to coffee.
6. The ship is bound _____England.
Ans:-The ship is bound for England.
7. His father was born _____15th August, 1947.
Ans:-His father was born on 15th August, 1947.
Preposition HS 2nd year- 2010
- His new move has proved adverse _____his position.
Ans:-His new move has proved adverse to his position.
2. The Chief Minister seems to be aware _____the corruptions of his colleagues.
Ans:-The Chief Minister seems to be aware of the corruptions of his colleagues.
3. He burst ____laughing at my story.
Ans:-He burst into laughing at my story.
4. He has been exempted ____the fine.
Ans:-He has been exempted from the fine.
5. I had a dispute _____him on that matter.
Ans:-I had a dispute with him on that matter.
6. There is no use grumbling _____what you did to me.
Ans:-There is no use grumbling at what you did to me.
7. I am involved ____debt.
Ans:-I am involved in debt.
Preposition HS 2nd year- 2009
- Even the children felI______at the news of his death.
Ans:-Even the children felIdown at the news of his death.
2. I went to the station to see ____my friend.
Ans:-I went to the station to see off my friend.
3. I am listening _____NusratFateh Ali Khan.
Ans:-I am listening toNusratFateh Ali Khan.
4. Butter is made _____milk.
Ans:-Butter is made from milk.
5. Don’t take me ____a fool.
Ans:-Don’t take me for a fool.
6. Your brown shirt does not go _____black trousers.
Ans:-Your brown shirt does not go with black trousers.
7. Why are you envious ____ his intelligence?
Ans:-Why are you envious ofhis intelligence?
8. China is _____the north of India.
Ans:-China is to the north of India.
Preposition HS 2nd year- 2008
- He took advantage ____my absence.
Ans:-He took advantage of my absence.
2. He has great affection _____me.
Ans:-He has great affection to me.
3. What he has said is based ____truth.
Ans:-What he has said is based on truth.
4. The examination will commence _____the 5th of March.
Ans:-The examination will commence on the 5th of March.
5. He is confident ____his success.
Ans:-He is confident of his success.
6. You are a disgrace ____our society.
Ans:-You are a disgrace to our society.
7. I never expected this _____him.
Ans:-I never expected this from him.
8. Do not judge a thing _____its appearance.
Ans:-Do not judge a thing by its appearance.
Preposition HS 2nd year- 2007
- Respond ___the roll-call.
Ans:-Respond to the roll-call.
2. Get rid ____your bad habit.
Ans:-Get rid of your bad habit.
3. She brust____tears at the sight of her son’s misery.
Ans:-She brustinto tears at the sight of her son’s misery.
4. I shall call ____you tomorrow.
Ans:-I shall call onyou tomorrow.
5. The union has decided to call _____the strike.
Ans:-The union has decided to call off the strike.
6. I prohibited him _____going there.
Ans:-I prohibited him from going there.
7. He was astonished _____your courage.
Ans:-He was astonished at your courage.
8. They accorded a grand reception _____the leader.
Ans:-They accorded a grand reception to the leader.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE :
AHSEC Class 12 Alternative English Grammar Solved Past 14 Years
- Tag Question
- Transformation of Sentences
AHSEC Class 12 English Grammar Solved Past 21 Years