Below is the AHSEC class 11 English question paper 2011. you can also find here AHSEC CLASS 11 (HS 1st year) past years English question papers with solution
H.S. 1ST YEAR ENGLISH
Q. PAPER 2011
Full Marks: 100
I. Answer the following in about 30 – 40 words each. 2×10=20
- Mention three reasons how the author’s grandmother spent her days after he grew up. (N)
- Why was it hard for the author to believe that his grandmother was once young and pretty. (N)
- Who was King Tut? How long did he rule?
- What were the results of the CT scan on King Tut?
- Who is Taplow? Who is he waiting for?
- What makes Mr Crocker Harris different from other teachers?
- Where was professor Gaitonde going and why?
- Who was Khan Sahib? Where was he going?
- What did Emperor Xuanzong Commission we D’ Lozi to do?(N)
- How has Nek Chand received international recognition?(N)
II. Answer the following: 3×10=30
- How is the father’s helplessness brought out in the poem “Father to Son”?(N)
- What does the father think of his ‘Prodigal’ son? (N)
- Describe the poet’s feeling of childhood. (N)
- According to the poet what could not be found in geography textbooks in the poem ‘Childhood’?(N)
- How is the cyclic movement of rain brought out in the poem, “Voice of the Rain”.(N)
- What does rain do day and night? (N)
- Why the king was executed in the poem ‘The Tale of Melon City’?
- Who did the melon become king?
- Describe the arrival or the goldfinch to the Lalburrum tree.
- Describe the various sound of the birds in the poem “The Labour num Top”.
III. Answer the following:
- Did the boys return the horse because they were conscience-stricken or because they were afraid?
- What were the narrators place to get Ranga Married? What did Ranga thing about marriage?(N)
- What was Einstein idea of education? What kind of a student was he? (N)
- Give an account of Andrew’s efforts to save die life of the child.
SECTION – 10
IV. Write a report on a one-day cricket match played between Cotton College and B. Boruah College in about 100 words. 5
Write an article on the health dangers of excessive use of a mobile phone in 100 words. 5
Read more on Brainly.in – https://brainly.in/question/948967#readmore
V. Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the verb given in brackets. 1×5=5
1. He ____ ill for a month (be).
2. I wish I ____ a king (be).
3. My friends ____ to meet me yesterday (come).
4. If it ____ he will not come (rain).
5. It ____ since morning (rain)
VI. Fill in the blanks with suitable determiners: 1×5=5
1. We have very ____ information (few/little).
2. ____ European tourist met me yesterday. (A/An)
3. Do you have ____ complaint against me? (some/any).
4. ____ friends he had, have left him (The few/a few).
5. ____ knowledge is a dangerous thing (A little/little).
VII. Choose the right alternative from the following (may, should, can, would, with) 1×5=5
1. ____ you please lend me your scooter?
2. If I were you I ____ not do it.
3. We ____ respect our elders.
4. She ____ speak English well.
5. ____ I come in?